- 3 1/2C vegetable stock
- 1 1/2C lentils (green or brown)
- 1 yellow onion – finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot – finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper – finely chopped
- 1/4C red wine vinegar
- 2Tb Dijon mustard
- 1/4C fresh parsley – finely chopped
- 1tsp thyme or oregano
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Salt & pepper – to taste
Next, sauté onion, carrots, and red pepper in a bit of olive oil until tender. Once tender, add these veggies to the already cooked lentils.
Finally, combine the red wine vinegar with the mustard, thyme/oregano, and the salt & pepper. Drizzle over the lentil/veggie dish and combine all ingredients well. Season more with salt & pepper to taste. This dish is great served warm but it can also be put in the refrigerator to be served later. Honestly, it gets better with time. Enjoy!