Happy Halloween! This is the perfect treat to snack on while you are answering the door for trick or treaters. A simple, sweet and creamy
pudding that is sure to be a hit with your family and guests during the beginning of this holiday season. Hope you like it and please let me know in the comments section below!
- 2C alternative milk
- 1C pureed pumpkin (canned is okay. BPA free lining is best)
- 8 Medjool dates (pitted and soaked in boiling water for several minutes until soft)
- 2tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 3/4tsp ginger
- 3/4tsp nutmeg
- 1/4tsp allspice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2C chia seeds
- Measure all seasonings, stir together to combine well. (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, sea salt)
- In a food processor blend dates, alternative milk, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Add pumpkin puree and seasoning, and mix on low until combined and smooth.
- Pour in chia seeds and continue to mix on low until combined.
- Pour pudding into 2 cups, jars, or bowls, and cover tight. (I like to use mason jars)
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Best if you wait and let it sit overnight. ;-)